Acquiring personal information
We will acquire personal information appropriately.
Purposes of use of personal information
We will use personal information for the following purposes. We will not use personal information beyond this scope without the consent of the person whom the information relates to, unless there is a cause permitted by the APPI or other laws.
(1) Working on matters we are engaged for and contacting people regarding work on these matters
(2) Information, inquiries and applications for participation concerning lectures, seminars and other events we hold
(3) Transmitting and sending law-related information, greeting cards and the like
(4) Responding to various inquiries
(5) Learning about usage trends among users of our websites and social networking services (including those belonging to vendors we have subcontracted to) and measuring the effectiveness of our advertising
(6) Performing our work as appropriate
(7) Recruiting, selecting and contacting our attorneys, patent attorneys and employees, providing human resource and labor management and training after recruitment, and creating statistical materials concerning recruitment activities
(8) Any purposes ancillary to the usage purposes in (1) to (7) above
Providing personal information to third parties
We will not provide personal information to third parties without the consent of the person whom the information relates to, except under the provisions of laws.
Safekeeping of personal information
To prevent personal information from being leaked, lost, damaged or otherwise adversely affected, we will take the necessary measures, and in having our employees handle personal information, we will supervise the employees as necessary and appropriate to ensure the safekeeping of the personal information.
Requests for notice of the purposes of use, disclosure, correction, discontinuation of use, etc. of personal information
When we receive a request from the person whom personal information relates to for the disclosure, correction, addition or deletion, discontinuation of use, deletion, discontinuation of provision to third parties, or notification of the purposes of use of the personal information, we will confirm that the person making the request is the person whom the personal information relates to and respond to the request appropriately according to the provisions of the APPI.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with a request if the request does not fulfill the requirements of the APPI or there is a cause allowing us to reject the request under the APPI or other laws.
Contact point for inquiries
Confirming clients’ identities
We may ask to verify identification pursuant to the Japan Federation of Bar Associations’ Regulations Concerning Client Identity Verification and Record Preservation, Etc.
- Confirmation with a copy of operating license or Unified Social Credit Identifier (USCI)
For natural persons:
- Confirmation with personal ID (Resident Identity Card)
If you do not want us to acquire cookies or browsing history data on associated websites, please delete our cookies and reject them in future.
Please refer to your browser’s help menu for details on cookie settings.